Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The saga of candy crush begins

It was only yesterday I discovered Candy Crush Saga...yes I have been living under a rock.  As I was staring at the bright orange loading screen, TOH couldn't keep away. Now TOH has a history of being a control freak when it comes to games. He will decline but case in point:

Me running furiously in Temple Run2 with TOH watching from the side, probably sitting on his hands so that they do not snatch the iPad away involuntarily.
TOH: Turn! turn! turn...collect the coins on the side
Me: I do not want coins, I am just running
TOH: Jump! Why aren't you jumping...atleast collect the shield!
Me: I do not want to!!
TOH: You are going to hit a tree
I crash as he predicts
TOH: Give let me run now

So the minute I installed Candy Crush there he was. We started with level 1 (WTF is the deal with that music in the background!) with the iPad on my lap and TOH playing the game. 

TOH: This is so stupid. Degradation of the human mind
Me: This is what will happen to the world, mindlessness and slow death (moving my hand to move that yellow drop in line with the other two)
TOH: Don't do that! Think strategically before making any move!
Me: Okkkkk

10 levels later:

Me: I don't see what the big deal is...its so dumb anyway. Why is everyone raving about it?
TOH: Angry birds, Temple Run and now Candy Crush...I wonder what people see in it
Me: I wonder what that chocolate candy with sprinkles does (moving hand to touch the candy)
TOH: Nooo! First lets move the blue ones...We will save that for the end. Think long term.
Me: Why are there fish flying? 
TOH: No longer will people need to measure IQ. With Google and games like this...you can park your brains elsewhere
Me: Wow! Its 12:15...we must sleep.
TOH: One level more. Deal!

Three levels later:
TOH (packing the iPad away): You can play this tomorrow while you are at home
Me: Are you crazy? I have so much to do like I am going to play this during the day!

Today and 5 levels later:
Do any of you have lives you can share? Please...candy please? So tempted to pay 55 rupees for a new set of lives...hmmm

Deep breathing - exercise yogic control to not pay for lives on Candy Crush...think of poor children in Sudan!

Oooh 30 minutes up..Got a new life! 

3 comments:

  1. I am judging you both at this moment. I haven't ever played Angry Birds, or Temple Run, or Candy Crush. #justsaying :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well what can I say....you are wasting your iPhone...completely wasting it! And with you not playing I am missing out on the one person I can ask for lives...wasting iPhone and not giving life to a friend...you need to reflect missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe. I think now I should get Candy Crush. As soon as iOS7 is done, OK?

    ReplyDelete