Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

It's a goddamn conspiracy

I am going through a tough phase in my life. You know with me being unemployed and feeling quite pathetic overall...but all of that pales in comparison to the misery that the level 29 of Candy Crush Saga is causing me! 

Seriously wtf is wrong with that level...why are there so many frosted jellies? More importantly, how can the jellies I annihilate come back! Now, there is a sentence I never thought I'd type, but life can be strange like that!

I have been stuck on this level for a week now and it is completely screwing with my head. TOH tried working on it as well but gave up and mumbled something about it being stupid. I think unlike me he doesn't have the tenacity, the single minded dedication or absolute nothingness filling his life to pursue this sort of glory. 

I finally googled for "tips to cross level 29 in candy crush saga" and here's what I found:

1) There are like a zillion blogs and forums dedicated to this which was a) heartwarming because people coming together in times of need always is and b) very disconcerting because it is a direct correlation to how unemployed people are (Maybe TIME should use the Candy Crush index to combat the Big Mac index in the Economist or they could just write better...eh! their call)

2) All the tips said "work it from the bottom first" - I know, I know....it made me grin like an idiot too. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do

3) Youtube videos which show how to clear the level - now here is the deal with these videos, they do all the easy ones!! Seriously, I never have so many same coloured jellies or wrapped candies in the same line e v e r or even those big chocolate thingy with sprinkles are a rarity. How is it that only when Youtube plays Candy Crush all the stars (in this case jellies) align?

This only makes me think, there is nothing after level 29...its emptiness. No one has ever crossed level 29. All those people tweeting about level 68 are a part of the Candy Crush machinery to keep hope alive. It is a big fucking conspiracy...

I am sure after 10 years, Nat Geo will make a documentary on Level 29 of Candy Crush and that is when all these naysayers who lie about being in level 33 or 65 or 101 (!) will finally be caught.

Oooh 22 minutes up. Must not give up...must persevere <game face on>

-------------------UPDATE---------------------

Ok I did cross level 29 and move to level 30. No Nat Geo documentary after all. But one cannot be too careful these days.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe, the conspiracy is to drive you to buy some candy points or whatever it is you buy on that game so you progress to the next level, AND they make money and everybody wins(?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I maybe addicted but I am TamBram :D will NEVER pay for games on iPad!

    ReplyDelete