Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Stretchiness and load bearing


One of the biggest put offs about having kids is the process in itself. No, the trying part is fun but after that me stretching out like a balloon and having someone press down my bladder for 9 months is not something I am gung ho about. TOH is not helping either! 

Last night over dinner :

TOH: I just kept sipping on water on rocks in the cocktail party
Me: Wow, no wonder you couldn’t drive back 
TOH: I had to pee so many times, but I couldn’t look weird so I learnt to control and then go once in a while
Me: Very skilled and smooth too
TOH: I think I have a very elastic bladder
Me: Maybe you could carry our child <eyes filled with eager expectation>
TOH: What is wrong with you!
Me: C’mon! Its stretchy, elastic, bag like...you exercise, you go to a party and sip on water...its a perfect choice. I have none of those qualities!
TOH: <Cold stare>
Me: You could be the surrogate father!
TOH: WTF! I woud be the real father why a surrogate
Me: Yes and you could carry the child as my surrogate
TOH: <Cold stare - 2>

I never knew TOH was so anti-surrogacy. Wow!

Let’s just say this whole no harm asking....maybe not such a good idea.

1 comment:

  1. ROFL!!! Please tell him I second the idea of him being a surrogate

    ReplyDelete